Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Steinkamp

Round corners on FMX form

I have a form that I'm going to use as a splash screen, and I have set the border style to none.  How do I go about rounding the corners of this form.  This was pretty simple in VCL but proving to be almost impossible with FMX.  This will be a Windows Desktop application.

Suggestions?

Thanks

I would set the Form's Transparency property to True.
https://docwiki.embarcadero.com/Libraries/Sydney/en/FMX.Forms.TForm.Transparency

Now you can put a TRectangle on the form and align it to client. Set its XRadius and YRadius to round the corners. Set it's Fill colour to that of the form. The rounded areas in the corners will not be considered part of the form. Clicking them will select object behind the form. The down side is that the form's title bar will be missing, but you could perhaps recreate it with some additional controls. But for a splash screen I guess you don't want the title bar anyway.

I have the opposite problem. I have a transparent form and want the transparent areas to be considered part of the form and not select windows behind. The best way I've found is to place a very slightly opaque TRectangle over the form, but this isn't ideal. I'd like a method to make it fully transparent.

Edited by XylemFlow