dcroghan

Recommendation for library/components for Interbase structure changes

Hello, 

I am looking for recommendations on how best to handle implementing Database structure changes and importing existing data within client application.  Currently I use NexusDB and have for years, it is a great product.  The current project I am working on requires I use Interbase.  The reason I referenced NexusDB is because it has a handy tool and functions to generate the code that represents the new database schema.  One can then "build and evolve", in Nexus terms, which applies the new database structure against the current (old) database and imports in all the data.  It is not perfect, but it works well for the projects I had been working on. 

I am looking for a similar tool(s)/library that could provide the same type of functionality.  It would need to be able to be used for the IBLite, IBToGO and IBServer.  I recognize the multi-user access aspect of the server edition that would need to be addressed, but that's expected.

Thanks for any pointers.

Dan   

On 10/28/2023 at 12:28 AM, Hans J. Ellingsgaard said:

IBExpert has a tool to compare the metadata of two databases, and generate a update script with the differences.

And for importing/exporting data