vasilius

OSX Sonoma BluetoothLE Delphi 12

Please report it to embarcadero

In Delphi 12 and early BluetoothLE will not work in macOS Sonoma

How to check problem:
1. Place on the form the BluetoothLE1 component and the Button1.
2. Write code  in the  Button1Click event 

BluetoothLE1.DiscoverDevices(1500);

The problem is in the Macapi.Bluetooth.pas.

Here

{$IFDEF IOS}
  libCoreBluetooth = '/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreBluetooth.framework/CoreBluetooth';
{$ELSE}
    libCoreBluetooth = '/System/Library/Frameworks/IOBluetooth.framework/Frameworks/CoreBluetooth.framework/CoreBluetooth';
{$ENDIF}

In the new macOS Sonoma (version 14) Bluetooth path is the same like in IOS - '/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreBluetooth.framework/CoreBluetooth';

Is this only relevant for the SDK you are using or really for the MacOS-PC the app is running on.

As until now I haven't any problem compiling my app with MacOS SDK 13.3 and running my app an MacOS 14 but I got a problem as I switch to MacOS SDK 14.2.

So my assumption is that the following code is not correct

{$IFDEF IOS}
  libCoreBluetooth = '/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreBluetooth.framework/CoreBluetooth';
{$ELSE}
    if (TOSVersion.MajorVersion>=14) then
      libCoreBluetooth = '/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreBluetooth.framework/CoreBluetooth' 
    else
      libCoreBluetooth = '/System/Library/Frameworks/IOBluetooth.framework/Frameworks/CoreBluetooth.framework/CoreBluetooth';
{$ENDIF}

It needs to be something as

{$IFDEF IOS}
{$ELSE}
    {$IFDEF MACOS_SKD_14F}
    {$ELSE}
    {$ENDIF}
{$ENDIF}

Edited by philipp.hofmann