JohnLM

Creating an output style from various data sources

For some time I was wondering how I could create a nice output from data I have. 

One day I was looking at some learning video or website--I can't remember.  And I saw how some easily create an output that included text and images.  If I recall, he used HTML at the time, but I'm not sure since it was a long time ago. 

Then, today, I was looking at some items in the GetIt portion of the welcome screen.  Then, moments later I decided to click on the 'getit package manager' and that's when it hit me, again, the idea of creating a custom output view similar to that.  

So, I was wondering if I could create something similar in Delphi with the built-in components I already have--be it HTML code (howto) or a combination of components already in Delphi, for VCL and FMX/Mobile.

image.thumb.png.468f7277d69e85c30901bf708f2184ea.png

* This D12 getit pkg mgr snippet taking from my tablet and down-resized 1920x1200, 50% 

* notice the output on the right side pane area, that is the design output I am seeking to create

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can proceed in this endeavor?

What are your methods?

TIA

Edited by JohnLM

@ Alexander S - Thanks for your reply. I will look into your second suggestion. 

** The TControlList ** 

I checked out the TControlList and found a video by Alister and he gave a brief tutorial using a TClientDataset.  I copied to code snippet from the screen in the video and tried and it worked. It was a nice output. I just need to play around with it to get a better feel for my needs and what I may use it for in the future.  So thanks, Alister.