kabiri

[Q] Add the Google User Messaging Platform SDK to my app

2 hours ago, kabiri said:

How can i add the Google User Messaging Platform SDK to my app?

For which platform(s)?

19 minutes ago, kabiri said:

Because of Google's requirements, all developers who use AdMob must add it to their apps.

Thanks for the heads up!

On 11/22/2023 at 5:48 PM, kabiri said:

Because of Google's requirements, all developers who use AdMob must add it to their apps.

I'm working on adding this to the Kastri library - it might be ready in a few days time.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

I'm working on adding this to the Kastri library - it might be ready in a few days time.

I saw the file dw-firebase-messaging-2.0.0.jar in the kastri library, but I had no idea how to use it. If you are the developer of kastri (DelphiWorlds), I would like to thank you very much for developing this library.

• Thanks 1

I saw the file dw-firebase-messaging-2.0.0.jar in the kastri library, but I had no idea how to use it.

That library is connected with push notifications, and is not related to UMP (User Messaging Platform).

If you are the developer of kastri (DelphiWorlds), I would like to thank you very much for developing this library.

That I am, and thanks!

A progress update: I have some code working in Android, though the process of integrating the support is not exactly pretty - it's something that really should be built into the IDE. More later..

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

That I am, and thanks!

😍

We chatted with each other before and you guided me several times (in GitHub), but I didn't know your name and didn't know you. I am happy to meet you. I am a fan of kastri and I use the admob and Text To Speech components. :classic_love:

• Thanks 1

On 11/23/2023 at 8:36 PM, Dave Nottage said:

Looks like it's going to be a Delphi 12 only kind of thing at least for Android, as using the current implementation of User Messaging Platform needs jar libraries that are included with Delphi 12. It might be possible to add the required jar libraries and "disable" the older ones in Delphi 11.3, however it is becoming too messy. I'm now working on doing some cleaning up, re-testing and documentation - might be done before the end of the weekend.

2 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

might be done before the end of the weekend.

I've now pushed the changes to support User Messaging Platform (UMP). Support for Android is via Delphi 12 only. I strongly suggest reading the readme, paying attention to the details.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

I've now pushed the changes to support User Messaging Platform (UMP). Support for Android is via Delphi 12 only. I strongly suggest reading the readme, paying attention to the details.

Thank you
Yes, definitely, it is only needed for Delphi 12.
Will you do it for iOS too?

1 hour ago, kabiri said:

Will you do it for iOS too?

It's done for both iOS and Android, but for Android just for Delphi 12. For iOS, either 11.3 or Delphi 12.

• Thanks 1