dummzeuch

Delphi 12 entry in start menu

Is that just me or is Delphi adding itself to the main list of the Windows Start menu every time the IDE is started?

Is there an option to disable this annoying behaviour? My start menu is full enough, I don't need additional entries that come back even when deleted.

Edited by dummzeuch

This is not an answer solution to your issue, but I have noticed that this is typical Windows trying to help you by putting commonly used apps that the user launches, eventually go to the start menu.  I do not know what the app's launch count is that will trigger adding it to the start menu.  But I am sure there is a setting somewhere to turn that feature off. 

Okay, here is the solution. . . 

Windows 7 -- but not sure how-to in win10

1. right-click start menu

2. select [Start Menu]

3. [ ] uncheck 'Store and display recently opened programs in the start menu'

4. done

953308336_praxis-startmenusettingsforcommonlyusedapps.png.43527d7af70eb546012d35da66cdbc65.png

I doubt that it is this "helpful" Windows functionality. I start Delphi 10.2 and 2007 a lot more often than Delphi 12 and they don't show up there.

I mainly use Windows 7, and if I launch Delphi enough times, it will show up, like it is now, for Delphi 11 on my main win7 laptop that I use daily, 24-7. 

My maximum app count is 15.  If I start using another app a given number of times, the entry for 'Delphi 11'  (it is the last one showing on the bottom of the start menu) will get bumped off and replaced with the latest commonly used app in its place.