2nd-Snoopy

need help: how to install OverbyteIcsD103Design.bpl

Hello, unfortunately I am not familiar with Delphi10.  I am using the Delphi 10.3.3 Community Edition. I have opened the project-file D103Install.groupproj and found the the two entries OverbyteIcsD103Run.bpl and OverbyteIcsD103Design.bpl. Both I can compile resp. build ('erzeugen'). But how can I install the Design.bpl? I have read on other place, that I have to do a 'right-Click' an the selectet Item and can there select 'Install'. But on my version of DelphiX there is no action with a right-Click. And after compile of the projectfile the exist not any file with suffix .dpl on my harddisk, which I can add manually (Install packages ...) ....   What can do, to to it right? What is wrong?

22 hours ago, 2nd-Snoopy said:

Hello, unfortunately I am not familiar with Delphi10.  I am using the Delphi 10.3.3 Community Edition. I have opened the project-file D103Install.groupproj and found the the two entries OverbyteIcsD103Run.bpl and OverbyteIcsD103Design.bpl. Both I can compile resp. build ('erzeugen'). But how can I install the Design.bpl? I have read on other place, that I have to do a 'right-Click' an the selectet Item and can there select 'Install'. But on my version of DelphiX there is no action with a right-Click. And after compile of the projectfile the exist not any file with suffix .dpl on my harddisk, which I can add manually (Install packages ...) ....   What can do, to to it right? What is wrong?

If you're german you may want to post on the german DelphiPraxis site, link is at the top right of this page.

Anyway: in the Tools -> Options dialog you can find the default folders the compiler will put package-related files in (*.bpl, *.dcp). But these can be overridden in the project options for each package project, so check there too. The project options should have "$(BDSCOMMONDIR)\BPL" as package output folder to use the IDE default.

The run-time package has to be in a folder that is on the system PATH, since such packages are loaded by the OS following the same search logic used for DLLs (in fact packages are DLLs with some Delphi-specific extensions). The design-time package can be in a folder not on the PATH since the IDE loads design-time packages using the full path. The IDE installer adds the default folder for run-time packages to the PATH, but that may fail if your PATH is already very long, so better check it.

As for installing: do you get no context menu if you right-click on the project name in the Project Manager view?

image.thumb.png.3b4904096dc5c3c616f2a79b733b3488.png

Hello Peter,

thank You very much for this information. I have found now the appropriate .dpl to add it ....

A right-Click at the position You show me in the picture produces a white screen. I suppose now, that there must be an error. But Delphi 10.3. is no longer supported.

Best regards

Matthias