Sign in to follow this  
Rollo62

iOS: Strange exception "Invalid Thread ID: -1" during debugging, with VCL relation

Hi there,

from a very early startup of an iOS project, I've got the following exception, when stepping over simple variables.

( RadStudio Rx11.3 )

These are same stuff for a bunch of similar sets, just several similar Excludes() like this, so nothing fancy:

Exclude( LFeatCurr.States.State, Grant_FG                  );
Exclude( LFeatCurr.States.State, Granting_FG               );
Exclude( LFeatCurr.States.State, Grant_BG                  );
Exclude( LFeatCurr.States.State, Granting_BG               ); 

All variables and other stuff is tested and seems OK so far, where the exceptions seem to be thrown mostly at the last-before position, but maybe also at other positions randomly.

The same project worked fine so far during debugging.

[6C6C1392]{dbkdebugide280.bpl} Debug.TProcess.GetThreadFromId (Line 8835, "Debug.pas" + 7) + $1C
[6C6B31A1]{dbkdebugide280.bpl} Debug.TDbkBreakpoint.DoHandleWhenOccurs (Line 2384, "Debug.pas" + 10) + $9
[6A529962]{gdbdebugide280.bpl} GdbDbkWrapper.TDbkBkptWrapper.BreakpointHits (Line 1181, "GdbDbkWrapper.pas" + 2) + $B
[6A6765CE]{gdbdebugcore280.bpl} GDBProcess.TGDBProcess.NotifyBreakpointOccurred$ActRec.$0$Body (Line 2338, "GDBProcess.pas" + 8) + $1A
[71E015BF]{rtl280.bpl  } System.Classes.CheckSynchronize (Line 15785, "System.Classes.pas" + 34) + $A
[6BCF6E97]{fmx280.bpl  } FMX.Platform.Win.TPlatformWin.ThreadSync (Line 3503, "FMX.Platform.Win.pas" + 3) + $2
[71E05C1C]{rtl280.bpl  } System.Classes.StdWndProc (Line 18517, "System.Classes.pas" + 8) + $0
[717D5263]{vcl280.bpl  } Vcl.Forms.TApplication.ProcessMessage (Line 11488, "Vcl.Forms.pas" + 23) + $1
[717D52A6]{vcl280.bpl  } Vcl.Forms.TApplication.HandleMessage (Line 11518, "Vcl.Forms.pas" + 1) + $4
[717D55E5]{vcl280.bpl  } Vcl.Forms.TApplication.Run (Line 11657, "Vcl.Forms.pas" + 27) + $3
[00DB80A2]{bds.exe     } bds.bds (Line 227, "" + 16) + $2

At that time, only 5 threads were active in the debugger, and they look pretty much OK too.

What puzzles me is the relation to VCL in the exception data above.

Maybe that means the exception is caused by the IDE or debugger himself, or there is anything else running terribly wrong.

I will try to restart & retry, but would like to ask with these data inspection first,

to clarify if this is maybe a known behavior and to identify the culprit here.

So far I see this kind of "external" debugger exception for the first time.