Sign in to follow this  
Chris1701

Delphi 12 TADOConnection Provider not found?

I'm in the process of rewriting a program that uses a simple Microsoft Access database which I access using TADOConnection the original program was like Delphi XE and 32bit and I'm now using Delphi 12 64bit. The problem that I'm having is that in the IDE if I check off the "Connected" it connects without an error but during runtime I get "EOleException with message Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed."

Just an fyi I'm running Windows 11 Pro and I have Microsoft Office Pro 2019 x64 installed.

The old version of this program still works without an error so I think it's pretty obvious that this is a problem with compiling to 64bit so I checked and downloaded and installed the Microsoft accessdatabaseengine_X64 installer but I'm still getting this error, so what do I need to do in order to resolve this problem?

Thanks!

Open the ODBC Data Sources Administrator (64-bit) (search for ODBC Data Sources and select the 64-bit one) in Windows and check the Drivers tab to see which 64-bit databases drivers are installed. Can also use it to test connection strings to see if there is some other issue when using 64-bit. 

Edited by Brian Evans

21 minutes ago, Brian Evans said:

Open the ODBC Data Sources Administrator (64-bit) (search for ODBC Data Sources and select the 64-bit one) in Windows and check the Drivers tab to see which 64-bit databases drivers are installed. Can also use it to test connection strings to see if there is some other issue when using 64-bit. 

After I posted I did look at that and it does say MS Access database 64bit, I don't see any option to test a connection string?

2024-02-24_ODBC.jpg

2024-02-24_Drivers.jpg

Sorry, I just gave up on this because no matter what I couldn't get it to work. I switched to Firebird V4 Embedded which seems to work fine. Thanks for trying to help.