Vasiliy

533 USER requires a secure connection

Posted (edited)
An error occurred while connecting the client to the server. All *.pem files were recreated by ICS-OpenSSL. Teach me what I'm doing wrong? 

Err.thumb.jpg.31853f2b7c47c028285122af0e11c1e2.jpg    

Edited by Vasiliy

You are trying to connect to port 990 which is SSL only, but your client says 'sslTypeNone'. 

That server sample does not create any PEM files. 

You would be better using the latest V9.,1 release, and the OverbyteIcsSslMultiFtpServ and  OverbyteIcsXferTst samples.

Angus

Thank you for responding to my request.
Following your advice, I’m trying to figure out OverbyteIcsSslMultiFtpServ. Help with the file OverbyteIcsSslMultiFtpServ.ini 

[Host1]
Hosts=192.168.0.7
HostTag=FTP
Descr=Simple FTP Server
BindIpAddr=0.0.0.0
BindIpAddr2=::
BindNonPort=21
BindSslPort=990
AuthSslCmd=True
AuthForceSsl=True
HostEnabled=True
SslCert=???
SslPassword=password
SslInters=???
SslSecLevel=sslSrvSecInterFS

Created a list of certificates using the IcsSslBuildCerts.bat file
Client.pem
ClientCert.pem
ClientKey.pem
ClientReq.pem
Root.p12
Root.pem
root.srl
RootCert.pem
RootKey.pem
RootReq.pem
Server.pem
ServerCA.p12
ServerCA.pem
ServerCA.srl
ServerCAcert.pem
ServerCAkey.pem
ServerCAreq.pem
ServerCert.pem
ServerKey.pem
ServerReq.pem

Tell me which ones are needed (SslCert,SslInters)  for work OverbyteIcsSslMultiFtpServ?

Posted (edited)

Sorry, it's me again.
Different programs, same error. I just can’t figure out what and where I need to put it so that the client can finally connect to the server and authorization occurs.

SetFTP.jpg

Err2.thumb.jpg.e00c03fdd3beb66d345396b05b4b81b2.jpg    Err1.thumb.jpg.b93fd3c931dad7685476529906d847e9.jpg      

Edited by Vasiliy

Back to my reply yesterday, you are still not requesting a secure connection, just from a different demo. 

Beware SSL connections to IP addresses will always give certificate errors, and won't connect unless you ignore those errors, as will happen since you've left the default Verify Certificate Mode. 

Your server should have a domain host name, that name should be set in DNS and the IcsHosts.Hosts setting and the SSL certificate should be for that host name, and the client connects to that host name, that is what SSL/TLS is all about.  ICS V9.1 will create that certificate locally if it does not exist, although for the public internet it will order a certificate from Let's Encrypt.

Can not tell if the server is running correctly, the client is connecting to non-SSL port 21, you have not shown the logging for the SSL certificates chain.  You get that error message because you've left the IcsHosts setting AuthForceSsl=True so it refuses to connect without SSL, FTP is very insecure without SSL sending plain text passwords.  

Angus