philipp.hofmann

iOS: Black Screen after start with "More Space" setting

Hi,

I have the problem that for some customers, the app only appears as a black screen on iOS. This happens exactly when in the settings under
"Display&Brightness" > "Display Zoom" -> "More Area" is selected (the alternative is "Standard").
With "Standard" the app appears correct.

I can't figured out what's different here yet, because my iOS devices don't have this issue.

Maybe someone knows the problem and, in the best case, the solution.

Best regards, Philipp

7 minutes ago, philipp.hofmann said:

"Display&Brightness" > "Display Zoom" -> "More Area" is selected (the alternative is "Standard").

What version of iOS are they running? iOS 16 and iOS 17 both have "Larger Text" and "Default" on my devices. Apps appear to be OK with "Larger Text" on my devices.

The last two customers uses iOS 17. But interesting, how you can choose "Larger Text" on iOS?

On my iPad Air I can set the "Text Size" with a track bar (tested also with large text) and "Bold text" and "Display Zoom". But there is no setting "Larger Text".

3 hours ago, philipp.hofmann said:

how you can choose "Larger Text" on iOS?

I meant that for me, the two options for "Display Zoom" are: "Larger Text" and "Default": (i.e. I do not have a "More Area" option as per your original post)

image.thumb.png.847596951a3388b7a5949d04dcdbd370.png

O, this seems to be a smartphone display. It seems to be different on tablets. I've rent a iPad Pro 11 now for one month and will check if I can reproduce and solve the error there.

15 hours ago, philipp.hofmann said:

It seems to be different on tablets. I've rent a iPad Pro 11 now for one month and will check if I can reproduce and solve the error there.

Not sure how you will do that - there's no "Display Zoom" option, at least not on my iPad

Posted (edited)

It's a combination: I've reinstalled now an iPad Pro 11" (3rd Gen)

- and uses the biggest display

- additional I set the "Display Zoom" -> "More Space" setting.

- if I use SKIA

- and I set GlobalUseMetal := true;

the display is black in my project or minimum totally confused. It's reproducable with a simple project. So I can sent it to the SKIA guys to clarify.

iOSMoreSurface.zip

Edited by philipp.hofmann