Debby

Delphi Custom Handler for Azure Serverless Functions

I need to collect data via a web site and add it to an Azure SQL Database.  I found the following blog/examples by Glenn Dufke:  

https://code-kungfu.com/delphi-demystified/9-getting-started-with-azure-function-apps-in-delphi.html

I got it working locally.  When I try to deploy to Azure I get the message "Matches multiple schemas when only one must validate."  Per StackOverflow I restarted everything and checked tasks.json. Still runs ok locally but not when deployed. Returns 200-OK.  Seems to be skipping my custom handler.

Error is attached to host.json file, Line 1 Col 1.  What schema might it be talking about?

I've tried to use these Azure Functions with Delphi but never succeded and I find it quite complex,

while using Azure MS-SQL database with Delphi applications and FireDac is very easy.

Because it was only a try and not really needed for a project I stopped the attempt.

I see that the blogpost is from 2021 and wonder if Glenn publised a plugin to get arround using VS-Code.

>>Visual Studio Code – For the time being, until my RAD Studio Azure plugin is ready, VS Code has the Azure

>>Extension which makes it easier to create and deploy Function Apps.

@DebbyAre you planning to publish how to use Azure Functions in Delphi at a later moment?

Thank you - I feel better.  Have been beating my head against the MS wall for two weeks.  Was afraid age and long COVID had finally done me in.  If I get this figured out I'll be happy to post something.  Meanwhile ....

I need to keep this project fully web-based.  How can I get data from an html page directly to Azure SQL?  The database needs to have some way of listening for "Insert Into tblX...." safely.