Liz

TTabControl and TabItems in android

Hello, I am adapting the application that I am developing with a friend. A good part of the application has already been done but when we see the tabitems of the tabcontrol they appear compressed and the text cannot be read. I need help because they tell us that it is necessary to use a tabcontrol for the tabs. I attach photos of a simple example in Delphi for better understanding

Captura.PNG

Captura2.PNG

What kind of help are you looking for? Design suggestions?

• You could reduce the font size so the tab captions fit.
  • You could show the tabs vertically instead of horizontally so you could see the tab text but it would take a lot of screen space.
  • You could display icons instead of text on the tabs and then have a label at the top of the each tab's body area to identify the selected tab.
  • You could detect the form factor and use different techniques on different devices to show more text on larger devices and less on smaller ones, putting the ease-of-use back on the user and their choice of device.

On 7/5/2024 at 11:33 PM, Liz said:

I need help because they tell us that it is necessary to use a tabcontrol for the tabs.

Tell they tabs Ok in IDE or XL spreadsheet viewed across a sizable monitor not for a phone! Set the tabvisible to False and use a Button captioned with '...' to show list that 'spins on touch'.

show they the MultiviewDemo or TCardPanel for alternatives.

Pat