Patricia Rosman

Troubleshooting W32ResourceDLL.Personality Error in Delphi Professional Athens

My language localization resource DLL project was developed in Delphi Alexandria. Now, when I try to open my localization project in Delphi Professional Athens, I receive the following error message: "The project cannot be loaded because the required personality W32ResourceDLL.Personality is not available." Why is this happening?

May be a problem in the dproj file, the IDE has never been very good in converting that from a previous Delphi version. Make a backup of the project's dproj file, delete it, and then open the project's dpr file. That will create a new dproj file without any garbage from the previous version. You may have to adjust the project options, though.

I don't think that is the case because I can't even create a new localization DLL project. The menu option Project > Language isn't available in my Delphi. I tried reinstalling it, but the menu item still doesn't appear. Additionally, I can't find the Resource DLL Wizard under File > New > Other > Delphi Projects > Resource DLL.

24 minutes ago, Patricia Rosman said:

I don't think that is the case because I can't even create a new localization DLL project. The menu option Project > Language isn't available in my Delphi. I tried reinstalling it, but the menu item still doesn't appear. Additionally, I can't find the Resource DLL Wizard under File > New > Other > Delphi Projects > Resource DLL.

The old translation tool has been deprecated for a couple of versions already and was removed from D12 completely. Check if it is still available as add-on via GetIt, the IDE seems to still use it. It was probably dropped finally since it's Windows only and i'm not sure if it ever worked for FMX projects even there.

How can it be deprecated if it still exists in the Delphi 12 documentation and help? Additionally, I used to utilize the localization DLL in Delphi 11 (Alexandria).