AndreasSt

TChart Performance of whole form

My App with FMX on Windows has a standard TChart with a around 10 fastline series. Every series has a lot of data-points.

After loading the data in the chart I will just set a tPanel( also on the form) from visible:= False to true.

The displaying of the panel takes about 4 seconds. The same when hiding the panel again.

To show this issue I have made a small test app, see attached. The testcase has these steps:

1.  click fillchart - this takes some time, but this is not my issue

2. click showpanel and see how long it takes. Same when click and pull the border of the form to enlarge the form. (Chart ist not aligned as client so the size does not change)

The app show the amount of chart repaint events in a label. This is done with a timer and in the event afterdraw of the chart the amount will be increased.

So if you playing with the app size, clicking the chart, moving over the legend, click in the memo and so on you see that there are a lot of repaint events.

You will also see some commented lines in the code what I have tried to fix this issue.

I have made a call to embarcadero and the technician has checked it and the result ist that this should be a tchart issue.

So I will be happy for all ideas and help.

Thanks a lot.

Andreas

chartTest.zip

Posted (edited)

It has been a few years since we last tried to use TeeChart Pro on iOS/FMX but it was horrible. Drawing issues, performance was abysmal and power consumption was also pretty bad.

In case you have an active subscription, you can raise an issue with Steema. If not, you're probably better off using a WebView and a free Javascript charting library.

Edited by Der schöne Günther
  • Sad 1