Vandrovnik

Android - debugging

Hello,

Please is debugging of Android 32 / Android 64 apps working in Delphi 12.1? I have created a new multi-device app, target platform = Android 32-bit, Build configuration = debug, Target = my Android phone (Android 10). Just main form, two buttons.

When I build the app, set a breakpoint and run the app, it does not stop at the breakpoint and IDE displays a cross instead:

image.png.0e2a77556fd1312667ce1dd54543dd70.png

All project options are in their defaults.

Thank you, Karel

Hey,  Where's the blue dots  I would check in project manager  that debug is bolded.

Pat  

2 minutes ago, Pat Foley said:

Hey,  Where's the blue dots  I would check in project manager  that debug is bolded.

Pat  

Debug is active:

image.thumb.png.ccc43cf3fadf22fb04eb1c5c6053b6a6.png

Mm,  What happens using F7 vs F9 key to run the program.     

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Pat Foley said:

Mm,  What happens using F7 vs F9 key to run the program.     

IDE freezes (with a small window for error message, but it did not display the text nor buttons - just empty rectangles), app freezes 😄 But - I killed IDE, uninstalled app from device. Killed adb.exe and lldb-mi.exe. Deleted the contents of "Android" folder.

Start IDE, rebuild, run - there are blue dots, breakpoint works...

Edited by Vandrovnik

If 12 acts up I been restarting it several times just to freshen the file caches MRU.   A pinched network cable caused some issues last spring. 

On 8/1/2024 at 1:53 PM, Pat Foley said:

If 12 acts up I been restarting it several times just to freshen the file caches MRU.   A pinched network cable caused some issues last spring. 

Delphi (whater version since XEx) needs some magic (restart or killing.) Changing target usually leads to point that the background service that handles, for example, to going to the implementation, stops working properly. Or exception in bpl80.dll or something. The service works perfectly with Visual Studio Code, but that can't handle project settings, or compiling (that could be implemented.) One would wish a more stable editor.

17 hours ago, PetrifiedDelhpi said:

Delphi (whater version since XEx) needs some magic (restart or killing.) Changing target usually leads to point that the background service that handles, for example, to going to the implementation, stops working properly. Or exception in bpl80.dll or something. The service works perfectly with Visual Studio Code, but that can't handle project settings, or compiling (that could be implemented.) One would wish a more stable editor.

Debugging Android app is a nightmare 😞 After fresh start of Delphi, build and run, I mostly have "blue dots" and breakpoints work. As soon as I close the app and run it again, I never have blue dots/working breakpoints anymore. This happens even in a new app with one form and one button on it.

7 hours ago, Vandrovnik said:

Debugging Android app is a nightmare 😞 After fresh start of Delphi, build and run, I mostly have "blue dots" and breakpoints work. As soon as I close the app and run it again, I never have blue dots/working breakpoints anymore. This happens even in a new app with one form and one button on it.

Debugging an iOS app is a worse nightmare. For starters, debugging does not work at all with iOS 17. Had to buy an iPhone X, that is limited to version 16.8. Breakpoints in Delphi's own iOS units don't work,

1 minute ago, PetrifiedDelhpi said:

Debugging an iOS app is a worse nightmare. For starters, debugging does not work at all with iOS 17. Had to buy an iPhone X, that is limited to version 16.8. Breakpoints in Delphi's own iOS units don't work,

Apple doesn't support reverting to an older version of iOS, usually they remove signing of older versions withing days of a new release.