Chris Mathews

Parsing a python collection into a delphi collection

I've had success running python scripts and returning class properties to Delphi.

I'm struggling with where to start to return a python tuple (containing an OrderedDict and a string to a Delphi collections.  The module is usaddress and I'm using as follows:

script 

from collections import OrderedDict
import usaddress

od
 = OrderedDict()
od = usaddress.tag('5757  Woodway Ave APT 150 WEST PALM BEACH FL 37205 ')

print(od)
print(type(od))
first = od[0]
print(first)
print(type(first))
second = od[1]
print(second)
print(type(second))

and the output is this:

(OrderedDict({'AddressNumber': '5757', 'StreetName': 'Woodway', 'StreetNamePostType': 'Ave', 'OccupancyType': 'APT', 'OccupancyIdentifier': '150', 'PlaceName': 'WEST PALM BEACH', 'StateName': 'FL', 'ZipCode': '37205'}), 'Street Address')
<class 'tuple'>
OrderedDict({'AddressNumber': '5757', 'StreetName': 'Woodway', 'StreetNamePostType': 'Ave', 'OccupancyType': 'APT', 'OccupancyIdentifier': '150', 'PlaceName': 'WEST PALM BEACH', 'StateName': 'FL', 'ZipCode': '37205'})
<class 'collections.OrderedDict'>
Street Address
<class 'str'>

Guiding me to a starting point would be appreciated.

Posted (edited)

I am not exactly sure what you are trying to do,  Also the 4th line in your script is doing nothing since you are assigning a new value in the next statement.

However, if you want to access these values in Delphi and store them say in a Delphi data structure, the easiest way is using VarPyth.  For instance to access the AddressNumber, after running the above script, you use something like:

var AddressNumber := MainModule.od[0]['AddressNumber'];

Edited by pyscripter

Followup Question:

Why am I getting an Incompatible type error integer and string on var AddressNumber := MainModule.od[0]['AddressNumber'];

Posted (edited)

As you can see from your output AddressNumber is a string (as well as the other fields).  You need to convert it to an integer.

Edited by pyscripter