Sign in to follow this  
Martin Binder

Need help with in-app purchases via Amazon

Hello, I recently released a game on Google Play and also uploaded it to the Amazon App Store. While my game runs on a Kindle Fire, attempting to purchase something within the game results in this error: "In-app Purchase component is not set up".

Does anyone have any experience with the TInAppPurchase component and Amazon? Or do I need to implement something completely different for purchases through Amazon?

Best to read up on it - https://developer.amazon.com/docs/in-app-purchasing/iap-overview.html the basic choice is between an SDK and a compatibility SDK. Not sure how much effort it is to use the code that comes with Delphi with the compatibility SDK but it would be easier than using the SDK. 

When porting your app to the Amazon Appstore, you can choose the Appstore SDK IAP or the Appstore Billing Compatibility SDK. The Appstore Billing Compatibility SDK mirrors Google Play Billing Library and allows you to port an existing app with minimal changes to your code. 

Thanks, Brian! Yeah, seems like the compatibility SDK is the shorter throw, I'll give it a shot.

I started following the instructions for the compatibility SDK and it quickly went over my head. I'm giving up for now, but if anyone else has managed to get this working, I'd love to hear how you did it. I'm currently using Delphi 12.1.