Fr0sT.Brutal

Can't build packages without SSL

I have latest SVN version.

First of all, `USE_SSL` is uncommented by default in defs.inc so a user has to edit defs file otherwise he can't control this option.

Second, without `USE_SSL` ICS packages couldn't be built as following units have incorrect defines sections:

OverbyteIcsSslX509Utils in '..\Source\OverbyteIcsSslX509Utils.pas',
  OverbyteIcsLibeayEx in '..\Source\OverbyteIcsLibeayEx.pas',
  OverbyteIcsProxy in '..\Source\OverbyteIcsProxy.pas',
  OverbyteIcsSslJose in '..\Source\OverbyteIcsSslJose.pas',
  OverbyteIcsSslHttpRest in '..\Source\OverbyteIcsSslHttpRest.pas',
  OverbyteIcsSslX509Certs in '..\Source\OverbyteIcsSslX509Certs.pas',
  OverbyteIcsIpStreamLog in '..\Source\OverbyteIcsIpStreamLog.pas',
  OverbyteIcsMailQueue in '..\Source\OverbyteIcsMailQueue.pas',
  OverbyteIcsHttpMulti in '..\Source\OverbyteIcsHttpMulti.pas',
  OverbyteIcsFtpMulti in '..\Source\OverbyteIcsFtpMulti.pas',

Third, unit `OverbyteIcsHttpAppServer` can't be built as well as it uses `ClientCnx.HostTag` that is unavailable without SSL

Fourth, `TSslWSocketClient` has `TriggerSslAlpnSelect` overridden method that is not virtual in base `TWSocketClient` so compiler produces build failure.

Testing without USE_SSL is very low priority, most improvements to ICS involve SSL so you may as well use an old version. 

Improvements are always made so that USE_SSL is still honoured, nut new units are skipped completely since all new development assumes SSL is used. 

But I will do a quick test of V8.62 before it is released, however too many errors may mean that and future versions become SSL only, I'm not spending time to make it 100% backward compatible.  

Angus

Angus, I use the fresh trunk from SVN. In most cases, enclosing all unit contents in IFDEF will help (just like OverbyteIcsLIBEAY f.ex.)

And #4 happens with SSL, maybe your Delphi allows this? Mine XE2 refuses to override non-virtual methods (and it is obviously right)

While it always good for people to test SVN trunk, it is a work in progress and not designed for production use, at least unless there have been no changes for several weeks and it's been released properly released.  Having said that, I try to built all my live applications before uploading anything to SVN, and build all packages and a few samples with Delphi 2007 and the latest version. 

A bad web server did slip out a couple of weeks ago that I forget to put on my own hosted servers and once I did an SSL certificate issue became apparent, but that is very rare.  But that panic update was the cause of your TriggerSslAlpnSelect issue, and I'm still messing with it today.  It will be sorted real soon, but may not reach SVN for a few days. 

Stuff like USE_SSL and packages for all compilers only gets tested before a final release.

Angus