Xavi

Need some help on TSslFtpClient

Hi

I need to use TSslFClent and I have no idea how to start.

There is any sample showing how to use?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Xavi

You should build the sample OverbyteIcsXferTst.dpr which is a a full SSL FTP client GUI, and uses TIcsFtpMulti which is much easier and quicker to use than TSslFtpclient. 

Angus

Thanks Angus

I will test it.

I can't update OverbyteICS for about 1 year.

There many changes.

Thanks again,

Xavi

Hi Angus

I compiled demo OverbyteIcsXferTst.dpr but when executing I get error

10:38:00:950 Error Starting SSL - Must load LIBEAY DLL before SSLEAY
but not found any reference how to load libeay.dll prior to execute test.

Any tip

Thanks

Xavi

Depending on your version of Delphi and project options, you may need to copy libcrypto-1_1.dll and libssl-1_1.dll  from the samples directory into whatever directory the DCUs and EXE end up in, perhaps win32\debug or win32\release. 

All ICS SSL applications need access to libcrypto-1_1.dll and libssl-1_1.dll which are the latest versions of OpenSSL. In theory, these can be loaded from a directory in the common path or windows directory, but because there are so many different applications using OpenSSL, you can get lots of old DLL versions on your PC, often not compatible with each other.  So generally it is safest to distribute the OpenSSL DLLs in the same directory as your application, so you have a reliable known version. 

By default, ICS applications will try and load from the local directory first before looking elsewhere, in your case it probably found an old OpenSSL DLL elsewhere on your PC, but was missing the other.  You can force ICS to load the DLLs from a specific directory, to avoid such issues. 

Angus