Sign in to follow this  
Rollo62

[Fmx, Livebinding] TListview uses FMX.Bind.Editors, Sources are missing

Hello there,

I was trying to integrate some features of the ModernListView from here into my projects.

It all looks very good, until I got to that point where a form uses Livebinding to populate the Listview.
This worked well before, and I would like to keep that, otherwise I need to rework much more than desired.

Since ModernLV makes changes to the FMX.ListView.pas it gives the following error message:

F2051 Unit Fmx.Bind.Editors was compiled with a different version of FMX.ListView.TCustomListView

Yes, pretty clear;:  But I've expected to find FMX.Bind.Editors.pas in my source folders, but I cannot find it  :classic_blink:

So FMX.Bind.Editors seems to be secret module, hardcoded in the DCU binaries somewhere.

I used an extended TListView approach before, extended by two measures:

1.  Extending the TListView class by some variables I need, using an interposer class

2. A helper for adding the missing functionality

This approach worked well, and I have never have seen any issues or a message like above.
So this approach changed the binary DCU version, since I didn't touch FMX.ListView.pas directly.

With the ModernListView approach, there is a patched FMX.ListView.pas file needed, which of coarse changes the DCU version.

I could try to get back to the 2-step verson like above, but I don't know yet if all changed might be in (probably not).

Do you have any suggestions howto handle this, best of all if  FMX.Bind.Editors would be available somewhere ?
Since I have implemented my changes in a few projects already 80%, it would be really nasty to switch back.

Ok, its already quite late, maybe tomorrow I can see some light on this issue ...

Edited by Rollo62

Yes it was late yesterday:

I can find the source here

Embarcadero\Studio\20.0\source\databinding\components