Stéphane Wierzbicki

CEF4DELPHI - How to get permisions to use Webcam and Microphone ?

Hi,

I'm playing with CEF4DELPHI and I'm not able to get access to my Webcam nor to my microphone (test on 'https://webcamtoy.com' ).

GlobalCEFApp                          := TCefApplication.Create;
  GlobalCEFApp.MultiThreadedMessageLoop := False;
  GlobalCEFApp.ExternalMessagePump      := False;
  GlobalCEFApp.EnableMediaStream := True;
  GlobalCEFApp.EnableSpeechInput := true;
  GlobalCEFApp.EnableGPU := true;
  GlobalCEFApp.UseFakeUIForMediaStream := true;
  GlobalCEFApp.OnContextInitialized     := GlobalCEFApp_OnContextInitialized;

Has anyone a clue on how to solves this ? I need maybe to add the URL to a trustee web site list ?

Thanks 

Ps: tried to ask this question on CEF4DELPHI but I'm not able to register !

Hi,

I added GlobalCEFApp.EnableMediaStream := True; to the DPR file of the SimpleBrowser2 demo and I could see the video from my cheap webcam in webcamtoy.com

About the registration issue, send me a PM with your username and I'll activate it manually.

• Like 1

After reading your code again I see that you're disabling the GlobalCEFApp.MultiThreadedMessageLoop property.

It's recommended that Windows applications keep GlobalCEFApp.MultiThreadedMessageLoop enabled.

Only in some cases you can consider disabling it but then you should use a "External Message Pump".

Edited by salvadordf

1 hour ago, salvadordf said:

About the registration issue, send me a PM with your username and I'll activate it manually.

Hi Salvador,

Thank you for your help but I received my confirmation email a couple of hours later and was able to confirm my account 🙂

What I'm basically trying to achieve is to create a client that will directly connect to spaces.avayacloud.com.

I'm still not able to get my webcam and microphone detected. 

Edited by Stéphane Wierzbicki

Check these points :

• Assuming you use Windows 10, check if you can make that camera work with the "Camera" app.
  • Install Chrome or Chromium 84. Ideally you should try to install 84.0.4147.89 and make the camera tests with the latest CEF4Delphi version from GitHub. Test your camera with Chrome/Chromium on webcamtoy.com.
  • Open the SimpleBrowser2 demo and add GlobalCEFApp.EnableMediaStream := True; before the GlobalCEFApp.StartMainProcess call in the DPR file. Connect your camera, build the demo and test it in webcamtoy.com

If your camera works on a similar Chrome version then it should work with the SimpleBrowser2 demo or any other CEF application.