Sign in to follow this  
panie

GExperts Version 1.3.16 dialogs does not consider/set theme when undocked

If I run Delphi 10.4.1 using the dark theme and have GExperts dialog Grep Results dialog undocked it is colored in white.

If I dock the Grep Results dialog it turns to black/dark though.

PS. All dialogs in GExperts seems to lean towards having a "white/light theme". Maybe the behaviour in this issue is "by design".

39 minutes ago, panie said:

PS. All dialogs in GExperts seems to lean towards having a "white/light theme". Maybe the behaviour in this issue is "by design".

That's correct: GExperts does not do any theming, it simply uses the native VCL classes. The IDE tries to do the theming for these forms. Unfortunately it not only fails in many cases but these partly themed forms look really ugly. Therefore I have explicitly disabled theming for the Grep Results form in the current source code, so at least the form is consistent in itself. I am surprised to hear that the docked from is still themed though, maybe I did these changes after the DLL you are using was built.

I won't implement theming. If somebody else cares enough, he is welcome to try and send me patches. I'll be happy to apply them as long as they don't break functionality.

Hope the Delphi IDE black theme for GExperts when the Grep Result window is docked can be restored.

I downloaded the GExerts SVN archive and compiled the last checkin for Delphi 10.4.1 and as you say the black themed had been removed when I dock the Grep Result window.

In my very personal opinion the removal of black theme was a bad move. Now it looks really strange when all other docked windows are black, but GExperts window is white.

Do you think it's possible to go back to the previous way ?

13 hours ago, panie said:

Hope the Delphi IDE black theme for GExperts when the Grep Result window is docked can be restored.

I downloaded the GExerts SVN archive and compiled the last checkin for Delphi 10.4.1 and as you say the black themed had been removed when I dock the Grep Result window.

In my very personal opinion the removal of black theme was a bad move. Now it looks really strange when all other docked windows are black, but GExperts window is white.

Do you think it's possible to go back to the previous way ?

Yes, it's possible, but it needs to be done properly, for which I don't want to spend the time. In particular because I myself don't use the theming. If anybody else wants to put in the effort, I'll be accepting patches.

By "properly" I mean that not only the standard controls must support theming - which kind of works, even though it's a bit clunky -, but also the owner drawn controls must match it. And of course that must be done without breaking compatibility with older versions of Delphi.

• Like 1