Mike Torrettinni

Exciting Delphi roadmap for 2021

From the November 2020 Roadmap comments: https://blogs.embarcadero.com/rad-studio-november-2020-roadmap-pm-commentary/

"That continues in 10.4.2, with one area of significant work being the new Delphi Code Insight (aka Delphi LSP.) Not only will 10.4.2 include many fixes and tweaks, as well as less commonly used code insight features that we did not include in the initial version, but also some new or significantly improved features in code completion. For example, we plan to add ctrl-click on ‘inherited’, as well as reworked completion in ‘uses’ clauses, among others."

I can't wait! I think LSP has so much more potential to be really very well implemented in Delphi. I hope Embarcadero's enthusiasm for this feature doesn't wane until is really useful, even for large projects.

And:

"We also plan further quality work around desktop layouts, multi-monitor layouts, form designing, and similar areas. This includes allowing you to design your form in the form designer at the same time as having the code for that form open. From feedback, this was the most common reason for using the old undocked designer, which we removed in 10.4.1, and we’re glad to let you both code and design in a form unit using the modern designer."

I never used the old style, not sure why not, but if this will be implemented in a way to be really useful, I will definitely use it!

Good thing are coming in Delphi in 2021! 🙂