Sign in to follow this  
Alex Texera

SDK api 30 for Android 11

Hello,

In my SDK manger I don't have API 30 for android 11?   My version Rad Studio is 10.3. Update 2.

Is it possible with 10.3 version?

How enable it?

api29.png

Edited by Alex Texera

you can install (copying folders/files basically, there in not really a installer to Android SDKs), any version for your RAD.... BUT, I said BUT..., this can dont do that it be recongnized or same used correctly by your IDE.

why?

because, Embarcadero dont really update the RAD for "catch" all new functions in new SDKs. For that, each IDE stay with a specific Android SDK (min and max) for each IDE.

then, it's not necessary any updates or upgrades in SDK, except in case specific recomended by Embarcadero. Normally, never occurs, just some patches on IDE is released.

then, you need a new IDE to a new Android SDK. this a basic use.

now, you can have last SDK, just go to Android Developers site, download the Android Studio, update the SDK, just use in your IDE using TOOLS, SDK MANAGER options... or just copy this folder from any other pc for you and use it.

you can update tge "TOOLS xxxxxxx", just for sone correction, but if not said by Embarcadero, then, not necessary at all.

for JAVA, see that the version used us v1.8.xxxxx in RAD RIO. others is not necessary not indicated.

hug

Edited by Guest