Dave Nardella

Safe uninstall/reinstall RAD Studio 10.3

Hi All,

cause to Windows issues, I need to reformat the machine in which I have the installation of RAD Studio 10.3.

The installation is intact, so I could use the uninstaller. 

Are there "special" further operation that I need to avoid license issues on the reinstallation of RAD in a fresh new Windows ?

Can I simply start from the installer exe and the license number that I received ?

Many thanks

Dave

As far as I know, it is unsafe. The number of installation are very restricted. I suggest that you don't reformat the machine but do a Windows repair instead.

hi @Dave Nardella

better help on Embarcadero Support for that... at general, you'll have a "number n" of to use your license-key to re-installations... later, it will be locked.

Then, ask for your support contact to know about this.

if this is the first time, then, I believe that you dont will have problems

hug

What error makes you think you must reformat your machine ? I never ever had to reformat my computer and I use Windows since his beginning. I was always able to repair whatever trouble I had.

If you are unsure about repairing, I strongly advice you to create a disk image using - for example - Macrium Reflect. Using that tool, you can also create a bootable media with Macrium so that you can restore your backup on a completely new hard disk.

And anyway, you should create a new backup after each important change in your computer.

Edited by FPiette
  • Like 1

Thanks all 😉

Unluckily I cannot recover Windows because the issue is hardware (on HD).

This would be the first reinstallation of RAD Studio, I will first uninstall and then reinstall it, Embarcadero is very paranoid.

After that I absolutely will make a mirror.

Uninstalling Delphi won't change your install count. If you have only one installation, no problem to do a second. But it is better to keep it when you'll really need it.

Your PC doesn't boot anymore on the hard disk? Or do you have some bad sectors but it still works? What is the exact problem? (Don't answer if you are not interested in trying to fix your PC).

Edited by FPiette