Sign in to follow this  
dummzeuch

How to fix the “teEngine not found” compile error

Today I had a very strange compiler error in Delphi 10.2, that occurred on one computer but did not occur on another computer:

myUnit.pas(28): error F2613: Unit 'TeEngine' not found.

The project was checked out from svn on both computers, so the source code was identical. So the unit “VCLTee.TeEngine” from TeeChart was in a subdirectory of the project sources and the project’s “Search Path” on both computers. But on one computer the compilation worked fine, on the other I got the error above.

The first thing I checked was that the TeeChart sources were not listed in the “Library Path”. I restrict my “Library Path” to the RTL and VCL units that come with Delphi and remove anything 3rd party libraries tend to add. Third party sources go into svn, are project specific and checked out via svn:external.

Further investigation showed that the prefix “VCLTee” was not listed in the Unit Scope Names setting of the project, that’s why the compiler as only looking for “teEngine” and did not find “VCLTee.TeEngine”. But again: How could the same project compile on the other computer? It should have failed on both!

read on in the blog post.