Sign in to follow this  
dummzeuch

TDbf packages for Delphi 10.3 Rio

TDbf is an open source library to access Dbase tables. It's released under the LGPL license (which makes in impractical for most commercial Delphi development). It is also used in Lazaraus (I haven't checked the license there, but apparently you can develop commercial programs with it.)

The project seems to be rather dead though. Apparently nobody noticed ...

https://blog.dummzeuch.de/2018/12/26/tdbf-packages-for-delphi-10-3-rio/

Hi,

seems not possible to install the D10.3 compiled TDBF bpl (dcltdbf260.bpl) on D10.4. When I add it the IDE say "The specified module could not be found". ???
I tried also to recompile, but there a lot of compile errors. M
May be you have made also the Dbf packages for Delphi 10.4 Sydney?

Thanks

Alessandro Strazzari

It's probably just a matter of adding a conditional define to some include file.

Maybe - probably at some time in the far future - I fill find the time to future proof the include file to not require an update every time a new Delphi version is released.

On 8/20/2020 at 3:22 PM, alestr72 said:

I tried also to recompile, but there a lot of compile errors. M
May be you have made also the Dbf packages for Delphi 10.4 Sydney?

I just created packages for Delphi 10.4 by copying and adapting the Delphi 10.3 packages. I also added it to the include file.

I did this using a text editor, because I currently don't have access to a Delphi 10.4 installation. That means that I cannot test whether it compiles and works. Please update to the latest sources, open the Delphi 10.4 group project and try to compile the packages.

Please tell us whether it worked.