Sign in to follow this  
DPStano

CI build from sources (*.pas) not *.dcu

I'm trying to build the whole project from sources (only *.pas) with help of CI (gitlab-ci-runner) and dcc32.exe to have info about every System.* function in map file to properly reconstruct stack when Exception occurs.

when I include \lib\win32\release that contains *.dcus project builds successfully but when I change it to \lib\source\rtl\sys that contains unit System.pas (checked)

build will end with error

Fatal: F1027 Unit not found: 'System' or binary equivalents (.dcu)
Fatal: F1027 Unit not found: 'System' or binary equivalents (.dcu)

anybody know what can be wrong?

Edit:

dcc32.exe cli compiler is from delphi 10.3

Edited by DPStano

You can use the Emba supplied dcus for the rtl/vcl/FMX libraries. You will be able to generate full detailed map files from them. 

I'll recheck it but jcldebug can't provide line info for units compiled from dcus 

Edited by DPStano

hmm I can't see any `Line numbers for System(System.pas) segment .text` section in my map files for release build with detailed map turned on ... this line info is there just for debug builds

my problem is that I'm getting weird reports from users, exceptions like EListError List index out of bounds (17) with a stack trace like

System.Classes in TList.Get

System.Classes in TList.Get

Vcl.Forms in TApplication.HandleMessage

it looks like that call stack trace is not complete, i think that jcldebug will use raw mode to resolve stack even if app is compiled with stack frames and will end up with some misleading info

it seems I have broken stack trace only from units linked from dcus so the plan is to enable stack frames and recompile the whole app from sources

Edited by DPStano