Sign in to follow this  
Nizarazu

Implement InfluxDB in Delphi

Hello @all,

Is there someone which already tried to install an InfluxDB database and use it from Delphi ?

I tried from this Github : https://github.com/larsenbjorn/InfluxDB-Delphi

But the Demo application makes nothing....

Hi Nizarazu,

I did that two years ago.

Had to correct some leaks from the github source and added more features.

All I did to make it work was to install a graphic tool from Influx and make sure that real time data was flushed to my computer. Some Influx databases were also opened up for remote access.

From there I was able to implement the same operations in a sample Delphi project.

We are hosting a cloud service, where real time data from thousands of monitors and sensors are pushed into a central database.

From there, data is validated, stored and pushed out again to the service subscribers. On site, reports and forecasts are made and presented.

Most of the real time streaming and primary storage are made by InfluxDB tools. Validation, reports and presentation is mostly built with Delphi.

We are planning to expand the Delphi tooling to avoid middle layers in connection to streaming in the near future.

/Leif

Edit: There is also a Delphi tool called QuickLogger that supports InfluxDB. See https://github.com/exilon/QuickLogger.

Also available from Delphi GetIt Package Manager.

Edited by Leif Uneus

Thank you for you answer !

QuickLogger seems to use HTTP API.

I tried but always have "Unauthorized access 401 error".

I think InfluxDB was not correctly configured. I saw that I have to change some configs in a influxdb.conf but I don't know where to find this file. 

When I downloaded InfluxDB, I only have influd.exe and nothing else...

Any help ?