tbathelt

Indy problem with TIdTCPClient and IPv6

Hello all,

for an existing client FMX-program I recently had to change the host name as the server is no longer available via an IPv4 adress and instead only at IPv6.

Now, I am facing the problem that the program runs well under Windows but gives an exception "No adress associated with hostname" when running under Android. I have changed the IPVersion property of the TIdTCPClient component to "Id_IPv6" and I have successfully checked the IPv6 compatibility of the Android device(s) with  www.test-ipv6.com  before testing. Has someone of you ideas what could be the problem??

Thanks in advance for your input.

"No address associated with hostname" is a system error, not an Indy error.  Specifically, that error message comes from the gai_strerror() function when Indy calls the getaddrinfo() function and it returns an EAI_NODATA error code, meaning the hostname was found but did not map to an IP address.  System networking configurations are outside the scope of Indy.  I'm assuming you have the INTERNET permission enabled for your Android app, yes?

Edited by Remy Lebeau

Thank you very much for your input.

In the meantime I checked the permissions of the app and yes, I have the Internet permission enabled for Android.