Sign in to follow this  
shineworld

python delphivcl development

I'm converting a complex Python PySimpleGUI based program to Python using delphivcl module.

In my initial test, the gained speed on UI things sees delphivcl as a very winner.

But I need to add some missing features in delphivcl controls as well as the possibility to modify

an Image (TImage) content sending it as an array of bitmap (NumPy arrays) instead to have to create

a file.bmp and then load it with Image.Picture.LoadFromFile.

Also, I need to add OnMouseDown/OnMouseUp in buttons.

Gitting delphivcl, or delphifmx, I was not able to find the delphi building project, only the final files.

Where I can find sources and projects to make delphivcl module and so to add new features?

3 hours ago, shineworld said:

Also, I need to add OnMouseDown/OnMouseUp in buttons.

I asked you to submit an issue at Embarcadero/DelphiVCL4Python: Delphi's VCL library as a Python module for building Windows GUI (github.com), but you did not bother...

The modules are built from this directory:   python4delphi/Modules at master · Embarcadero/python4delphi (github.com)

Thanks for the info.

I remember your suggestion to report the request in github in the issue department.

I haven't done it yet because first I would like to try to do something myself, both because I started studying P4D sources and making some modules, and to actually understand how many things are necessary to cover my needs and that they are then useful to everyone. .

The project I'm converting from PySimpleGUI is a real-time object recognition system that uses OpenCV and other AI technologies with complicated UIs that need to be really fast, hence the choice of switching to DelphiVCL and / or DelphiFMX.

Thanks again for the support.