Ugochukwu Mmaduekwe

Running UnitTests for Mobile Devices

5 hours ago, PeterEvansOz said:

There is a different approach. I like the approach of DUnit running on Windows under VCL.

How can you get the Green Light paradigm working on FMX?

Well, Roger Connell has done the port to FMX.

See  http://docs.innovasolutions.com.au/Docs/ADUGDelphi/ADUGDecember2014.html

This approach was presented to ADUG in December 2014.

I have used it successfully on Android under FMX. It works very well.

Yes, while it works on Android and with some little changes Mac OS X, I couldn't get it to work on iOS unfortunately.

I am pleased that you got it working on Android.

It would be good if you communicated the changes required for Max OS X to Roger Connell so that he can update his code.

5 hours ago, PeterEvansOz said:

I am pleased that you got it working on Android.

It would be good if you communicated the changes required for Max OS X to Roger Connell so that he can update his code.

Am not sure he is still active on the project.

There are open pull requests which are yet to be attended to by him.

Peter raised this issue with me at the recent ADUG conference and I guess I am not “Active” in this space. I converted the DUnit form or at least a minimal representation of it to FMX so I could run the large series of unit test on my Object database on “New Gen Compiler” devices in order to debug and certify that code on those devices.  Unfortunately Firemonkey is/was an evolving product and I started this too early. In XE6 I needed to code my own Firemonkey components. These components in turn need to be added to the development platform to work on the form. TImageLists and perhaps other components are now available in FMX and would ideally be replaced in the form code.

I further developed my DUnit form to reduce the pain of navigating around the very large test framework I was working on. This was in the context of the testing project not the sample DUnit project and so did not get to the github code. I will look at adding the latest form (Tokyo) to the repository next week if anyone is interested. I had issues with my Kit Kat phone in Tokyo and have smashed the screen (more) on my Lollipop phone and so came unstuck with testing on Rio. I have only every exercised the IOS version on the emulator.

I am happy to help anyone further this project. The main point is that provided you can put together a suitable FMX form the rest of the DUnit code seems to both compile and work.