Sign in to follow this  
BennieC

Problems with webinar examples

Hi, in order to get familiar with Python4Delphi I carefully implemented all the examples presented in the webinar, and they all worked.  However, now I tried to rerun them they have the following errors

1.  Error reading SynPython1.Options.AutoDetectEnabled: property Options.AutoDetectEnabled does not exist

This I managed to fix by deleting the component and re-implementing it (At least I think I fixed it)

2. The second problem prevents running anything

Exception EReadError in module prjP4D_BasicSetup_VCL.exe at 000000000010B012.
Error reading sePyCode.SelectedColor.Alpha: Property Alpha does not exist.

In the object inspector TSynEdit does have the Alpha property

Was there some sort of background update or what could have caused all of this?

SynEdit has been updated since these demos have been created.  I am not sure what version of SynEdit you are using, but the solution to such problems is to open the unit with the form in the IDE ignoring all errors and then save the unit again.

Thank you.  This solution works for problem 1 but not for the second problem.  I can view the form as text and remove the line setting the colour, which makes the app work but as soon as I set the form back to view as form, it is re-inserted.  Any suggestions?

33 minutes ago, BennieC said:

Thank you.  This solution works for problem 1 but not for the second problem.  I can view the form as text and remove the line setting the colour, which makes the app work but as soon as I set the form back to view as form, it is re-inserted.  Any suggestions?

Most probably the IDE is still using the old packages. Try to locate them and replace with the new one.