Sign in to follow this  
AlanH

Alexandria MSBuild error

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.  I installed Alexandria recently, and had successfully built and ran several of my projects.  For some reason, every project I try to build now is giving an immediate error:

[MSBuild error] The "DependencyCheck" task failed unexpectedly.
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 
'Boolean Borland.Build.Tasks.Common.IBDHostObject.UpdateProgressDialog...'

The message continues but my screen is only so wide. (Do the people that write error messages not understand how to include line breaks??).

To confirm my projects hadn't gotten corrupted, I created a new project -- a form with a single button, and an onClick handler to ShowMessage ('Hello World");   I get the same build error. 

Um, all notifications or messages can be copied.

Thanks Stano, I missed the context menu "copy" option, probably because the IDE isn't respecting my non-standard (left-handed) mouse setting.   Here's the full error:

[MSBuild Error] The "DependencyCheck" task failed unexpectedly.
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Boolean Borland.Build.Tasks.Common.IBDSHostObject.UpdateProgressDialog(Int32, System.String, UInt64, UInt64)'.
   at Borland.Build.Tasks.Shared.DependencyCheck.Execute()
   at Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.TaskEngine.ExecuteInstantiatedTask(EngineProxy engineProxy, ItemBucket bucket, TaskExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, ITask task, Boolean& taskResult)

Ctrl + C should be tried everywhere. This way you can also copy the content of some windows (ShowMessage ...)

Ctrl-C was the first thing I tried, but it didn't work either.  It's possible both the mouse-button issue and the Ctrl-C issue are due to running on a Virtual Machine with an RDP issue, although I've never noticed either of those issues running prior versions of Delphi (the same machine was used for XE3, XE7, Tokyo and Sydney).  

Do you have any ideas about the MSBuild error?  I can live without Ctrl-C and mouse buttons not working right, but not being able to build Hello World is a real problem.

I contacted Embarcadero support and they suggested an uninstall and fresh install.  I was hoping there would be an easier solution, but the process worked, and I don't get this error any longer.