Sign in to follow this  
Cirrus22

Your Delphi/BCB version is not supported by this JVCL version!

Hi,

I have spent several days fighting my way through an install of JCL/JVCL. I'm using 10.4.2 CE.  I have variously installed/uninstalled from GITHUB and GETIT. I'm now where I was several days ago in that (and the only version I installed was Win32). Now the installation all looks good. Successful completion messages, and paths all set. BUT when I do a Build of the first project I get this message:

'Your Delphi/BCB version is not supported by this JVCL version!'

YET if I look at the inc file (where this message was generated jvcl.inc), it clearly is:

{-----------------------------------------------------------------------------}
{$IFDEF BCB21}
 {$IFDEF CPUX86}
 {$I jvcld21win32.inc} // same include file for BDS based C++
 {$ENDIF CPUX86}
 {$IFDEF CPUX64}
 {$I jvcld21_x64.inc}
 {$ENDIF CPUX64}
 {$DEFINE JVCL_CONFIGURED}
{$ENDIF BCB21}

{$IFNDEF JVCL_CONFIGURED}
 {$IFDEF SUPPORTS_COMPILETIME_MESSAGES}
  {$MESSAGE FATAL 'Your Delphi/BCB version is not supported by this JVCL version!'}
 {$ELSE}
  'Your Delphi/BCB version is not supported by this JVCL version!'
 {$ENDIF SUPPORTS_COMPILETIME_MESSAGES}
{$ENDIF !JVCL_CONFIGURED}

I am at a complete loss. Of course I could simply hardcode $DEFINE JVCL_CONFIGURED, but that addresses the symptom not the problem.

Does anyone have any idea of how I might fix this. A simple install has so far taken several days.

See below. This may not be the best way, but at least my software will now build and run and, with limited testing, as expected. I'll submit the topic for anyone elese that might have the same issues.

UPDATE:
I did simply set JVCL_CONFIGURED and the install progressed, again addressing the symptoms not the issue. There were a couple of other issue with the install, well some units anyway, where the symptoms were addressed:

jvspeedbarsetupform.pas:

//MaxHeight := PPIScale (self, MaxBtnListHeight);      // Didn't like PPIScale so just set to a value I found in the code (I don't use  jvspeedbar)
  MaxHeight := 186;

jvpickdate.pas

function CreateDateDialog(const DlgCaption: TCaption;  MinDate: TDateTime; MaxDate: TDateTime): TJvSelectDateDlg;

begin
  const cDefaultPixelsPerInch : Integer = 96;   // Wasn't defined in this function so I defined it

For completeness my update to Delphi SYDNEY 10.4 issue:

And I don't know if this is at all JEDI Related, but got the error in ServiceManager.pas where a pointer type was incompatible, there were about 5 instances. The 'fix' was from the internet, don't know if there are any repercussions:

The advice: If I change Services^ to Services, it does compile... still need to see if the function actually still works.

// Change Services^ to Services
    //if not EnumServicesStatus(FManager, SERVICE_WIN32, SERVICE_ACTIVE or SERVICE_INACTIVE,
    //                   Services^,BytesNeeded, BytesNeeded,ServicesReturned,ResumeHandle) then Exit;
    if not EnumServicesStatus(FManager, SERVICE_WIN32, SERVICE_ACTIVE or SERVICE_INACTIVE,
                       Services,BytesNeeded, BytesNeeded,ServicesReturned,ResumeHandle) then Exit;

Thanks,

Kevin

Just a guess: you may have files from older JCL/JVCL somewhere on your disk and it tries to use them, instead of this new version you want to use?