Sign in to follow this  
Linuxuser1234

How can i display (Visualize/Read) Shapefiles onto a 3d sphere

I'm trying to visualize Weather Alert Polygons onto a 3d sphere how can i make my own shapefile viewer using .PAS  and display the data like its another bitmap texture that's the best way i can describe it.328177968_Screenshot2022-10-08194752.thumb.png.424f948f5574e9faa09b2b777d484c9b.png4795637_Screenshot2022-10-08195004.thumb.png.af5556b25bac778e3931c6ddfb955f9e.png

Edited by Linuxuser1234

Reading shape files is not difficult. The format is documented and I personally wrote a unit u_dzShapeFileReader for reading them which is part of my dzlib library. There is even a simple test program ShapeFileReader that uses this to display such files (but not on a sphere, it simply takes the coordinates as they are without any projection).

But you will still need to

1. know which coordinate system that data uses (WGS 84 would be my guess, but I don't know for sure)
  2. project these coordinates on a sphere and
  3. display that three dimensional sphere on a two dimensional display

as everybody has already been telling you in various topics already.

You seem to want a library that does everything you need. If you are willing to pay for it, maybe TMS FNC Map is a possible solution, but I don't know for sure, because I never used that. And I seem to remember that they don't provide any coordinate conversion.

But even assuming that this library can help you for parts of the code, this is a far from simple task. Expect to spend many days (or probably more like months) on it. Maybe there are better tools / libraries for other programming environments than Delphi. I wouldn't know.

18 minutes ago, Linuxuser1234 said:

@dummzeuch How can i automatically extract the  shapefile 577892056_Screenshot2022-10-10073450.png.d37bde2a19f0c97a61bb6dd637f693ff.png

You keep asking questions that are not really related to Delphi programming.

Answer to this one: By buying a software like MapInfo.

Please note that I'll ignore any further question related to this topic.