al17nichols

Practical use of JSON and VCL components

I am accessing a web end webservice.  Unlike the sample projects that I have seen which download a json file, I need to access the endpoint, grab a token, request other identifiers with the token, finally use the token with other parameters to retrieve JSON data from an endpoint.  Would this be accomplished with TRestClient, TRestRequest, TRestResponse components as configured in the example projects or would another approach be taken.  If I used the referenced VCL components I would have to use multiple sets of the 3 components or change the parameters to resubmit requests to the endpoint for the different pieces of data. 

Can somebody advise the best approach to retrieve the desired results.  It is acceptable to recommend another approach altogether if it is the best approach.

15 minutes ago, al17nichols said:

Can somebody advise the best approach to retrieve the desired results.

Every task is different. Describe your task in detail and one can give some hints how to use these components for this task.

You don't need a separate set of components for each part. The same components can be used in sequence with changed properties.