Juan C.Cilleruelo

Getting feedback from the execution. As exceptions or in another kind of management.

9 minutes ago, Juan C.Cilleruelo said:

After visualizing all the video tutorials, seeing the demos, and seeing what kind of support the components have, I'm seriously thinking of abandoning this line of investigation.

Please do.  You will do everyone a favour.

Edited by pyscripter

2 hours ago, pyscripter said:

Please do.  You will do everyone a favour.

All the demos are about complex examples. Sharing Objects and complex things. Only applicable to try to demonstrate that the person doing it is more intelligent than the rest of the mortals. 
No examples apply to daily cases like creating integer variables, string variables, float variables, and easy things, like sharing easy methods between python and Delphi. Always complex examples. I think the people that developed these examples are "really very intelligent," but for me, all of them are useless. 

And the help they give?

I wasted my time creating an example. A very easy and straightforward example to show what the problem is. And the attitude of the creators is.....

No one tries my code: excuses, excuses, and more excuses. The last, they supposed that I don't watch video tutorials or I don't tried the source code of the demos. 

I made all of this. But the authors try to exacerbate me. I'm sure. 

The solution remains here. Tryin the added code and see that the components don't work when you create it on the fly. 
It is easy. But it is more convenient to have this type of thread where the creators finally stay over the poor users. 

Is this a serious component set? 

2 hours ago, pyscripter said:

Call you delphi module say "delphimodule"  and in your script:

import delphimodule

print(delphimodule.QUANTITY);

or 

from delphimodule import QUANTITY

print(QUANTITY)

Please look at the demos, before asking questions here and do yourself a favour.  Do watch the two video tutorials. It is only two hours viewing and will save you masses of time if you plan to do any serious work with P4D.

I made it.   The error now says "ModuleNotFoundError"   No module named "delphimodule".

Do you continue thinking that is better this conversation that try the code I added? 

Demo on the fly.zip

FPyModule.Name   := '__main__';

meeds to be 

FPyModule.ModuleName   := '__main__';

Better to call your module something else (delphimodule or anything else. in the demos 'spam' is used) and import that module.

Edited by pyscripter