Sign in to follow this  
JimKueneman

Next Roadblock-provisioning for iOS

It has been a long time since I have created an iOS app.   

1. I created a certificate on my new machine with Keychain Access
  2. Went to the Apple Developer site and created a new Certificate and uploaded the CertificateSigningRequest.certSigningRequest file selecting the Apple Development choice.
  3. Downloaded that file and double clicked it.  Looked in the Keychain and I now have a Apple Development: Jim Kueneman (42729xxxxx) certificate that says is valid.
  4. Created a new App ID for the app.  Selected new App ID and typed in this for the bundle ID net.mustangpeak.LccThrottleApp
  5. Created a new device for my iPhone 12 mini using it UUID
  6. Created a new profile using the AppID and Device I just created and downloaded it.  I double clicked it and it was converted to a file that was put in the ~/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Files/ folder.  

If I look at the contents of that file it has the App ID and Phone UUID in it.

I open Delphi and my application.  In my project options and go to Project Options -> Application -> Version Info -> CFBundleIdentifier I have it set to net.mustangpeak.$(ModuleName).  My application name is LccThrottleApp so it resolves to net.mustangpeak.LccThrottleApp.

I plug in my iPhone and see it in the IDE in toolbar.

Now I go to Project Options - > Deployment -> Provisioning and I see "No provisioning file found for the selected build configuration and the selected device"

What else is the IDE looking for that I missed?  

Jim

You can try to create a new, empty app in XCode, with same bundleId net.mustangpeak.LccThrottleApp, and try to set up the provisioning profiles for debug and release from there.

Usually XCode is able to set up the provisioning right and at least can give some more useful hints if not.

Sometimes older or several, duplicated certificates were in the KeyChain Access, which need a clean up before installing the new ones.

If XCode can build and run an app then usually its OK for Delphi too.

Edited by Rollo62