Sign in to follow this  
Stano

Custom component - delete connected component - Abstract error

Hi,

MyDBNavigator.DataSource - connect MyDataSource
Delete directly from MyDataSource form
I get an abstract error. The DFM file is fine. MyDataSource is not there. Nothing can be done.
I know the error is with me. I don't know where and how to look for it.

This points to problems with DesignEditors. I don't see a way to do anything about it.
=======
[23B7D1D7]{dcldb280.bpl} Vcl.Design.QuickDataSourceEditors.TValue.AsType<System.Classes.TComponent> (Line 2675, "System.Rtti.pas" + 2) + $12
[23B7CF05]{dcldb280.bpl} Vcl.Design.QuickDataSourceEditors.TQuickDataSourceSelectionEditor.BuildContextMenu (Line 61, "Vcl.Design.QuickDataSourceEditors.pas" + 15) + $3F
=======
[5B181456]{rtl280.bpl  } System.SysUtils.AbstractErrorHandler (Line 24239, "System.SysUtils.pas" + 0) + $12
[5B13C3C0]{rtl280.bpl  } System.@AbstractError (Line 11379, "System.pas" + 2) + $0
[5B239B59]{rtl280.bpl  } System.Classes.FindRootDesigner (Line 6097, "System.Classes.pas" + 1) + $B
[5A84FB90]{designide280.bpl} DesignEditors.TComponentProperty.AllEqual (Line 1842, "DesignEditors.pas" + 7) + $6
=======
This applies to all connected components. It's very annoying. See the blank line in the attachment. There I have deleted another component as DataSource.

2023 02 22 19 27 09 Pokusy_-_Delphi_11_-_MainForm_[Built].png

none code for help us?

abstract error, stay to "needs implement a proc/func" inherited from "ancestral", but in your class "does not exists yet"!  it needs be implement in your custom component class

Edited by programmerdelphi2k

That is the answer I have already received. According to the picture and the error listing, the problem is elsewhere. I used the standard DBNavigator as a sample. I didn't write it quite right. AV is only sometimes. I apologize.
DBNavigator is derived from TCustomPanel. That doesn't play any role here.
I don't have any such code. I am attaching the whole unit.

jstFDNavigator.pas

I seem to have found it

procedure TjstFDNavigator.Notification(AComponent: TComponent; Operation: TOperation);
begin
  inherited Notification(AComponent, Operation);

if (Operation = opRemove) and (AComponent = DataSource) then
    DataSource := nil;
end;