JohnLM

How to change screen brightness levels in windows 7

Delphi XE7/11, VCL, win7

Hi everyone.  I've got a problem here. Because of the angle that I have to have my laptop screen at, the image when playing videos is too dark.  I can barely make it out.  I've learned that I can adjust the color brightness level in windows. I may also need to custom change the other colors (contrast gamma hue sat) as well, and then reset them back to standard when I'm not playing videos from youtube. 

The tool I used to adjust the Brightness level is the Intel control panel applet, below. However, it is difficult to bring up when I need it.  And I only just discovered it today. I used to just sit up higher in my chair, which was terrible. 

im_color_brightness_panel.thumb.png.9185f024c1d5bff8f6b42f01ce6b88aa.png

If this is possible, how can I do this in Delphi?  TIA

Not to depend on 3rd-party control applications, you should look in Windows APIs:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/highlevelmonitorconfigurationapi/nf-highlevelmonitorconfigurationapi-setmonitorbrightness

I personally never used this so it's possible that it's obsolete, needs elevation, you manually have to import it or all of the above. It should be a good starting point, though.