TrevorS

Delphi 11.2 macOS Deployment Hangs

My project has been working and deploying correctly to Windows and macOS, release / debug, 32/64 Windows and 64/ARM 64 Mac

Today deploying to any macOS version hangs, no error message, need to go into task manager to shutdown Delphi.

I haven't changed or upgraded Delphi, Windows, or macOS.

Is there a way to invoke a default deployment configuration?

I had a problem in a VM : somewhere on the network between Windows VM (Parallel - Win 11 ARM) and the host (Mac mini M1) Windows firewall blocked some packets and the PAServer was accessible when I tested it, but nothing else worked. Perhaps you can stop the firewall to try ?

If not, activate the verbose mode on PAServer ("v") and check if it receive anything from the IDE. If not, network error, if yes, try last command manually from terminal on the Mac and see what it answers.

(also check if Xcode is still the release you think it is and if the Mac don't send you a demand to access your keys)

Thank for your suggestions Patrick. Somehow it is working again now.

Interestingly Test Connection worked, but the deployment hung. No PAServer messages in verbose mode.

I'm working with a Mac Laptop running Parallels, plugged into my iMac for the larger screen. The only unusual thing I did recently was to change the network Service Order 'Wi-Fi' followed by 'Thunderbolt Bridge' to get Fiddler to work properly. This morning, amongst other things,  I changed the Parallels networking type, then changed it back to Shared Network (Recommended) - turned it on and off several times and it's working, but I'm not sure why. No Firewalls active on Mac or Windows.

Thanks again 

2 minutes ago, TrevorS said:

No Firewalls active on Mac or Windows.

don't you have the default firewall from Windows ?

good to know it's working again. network issues are so strange.