Sign in to follow this  
Pat Foley

Questions about Application and Package .dproj files.

I have noticed that Delphi adds Ios and Android deploy information even for packages.
   What switch adds this to .dproj
    <Import Project="$(MSBuildProjectName).deployproj" Condition="Exists('$(MSBuildProjectName).deployproj')"/>

How to set the unit output for 32 and 64 in a MyPackage? 

I tried the codegear dslusr and it would not allow dropping the control on a form in 64 mode. Controls could be placed on form in 32 mode though. I removed and made a fresh package that allows the controls to be placed on form. 🙂 

And what about Versioning? 

The following always brings 1.0.0 for myapp.  

function TptrApps.getVersionasString(inAppName: string): string;
var
  Major, Minor, Build: Cardinal;
begin
  Try
    Major := 6;
    Minor := 6;
    Build := 6;
    GetProductVersion(inAppName, Major, Minor, Build);
    result := Format('%d.%d.%d', [Major, Minor, Build]);
  Except
    on E: Exception do
      result := E.ClassName + ':' + E.Message
    else
      result := 'Trouble ';
  End;
end;

Thanks, Pat

4 hours ago, Pat Foley said:

I tried the codegear dslusr and it would not allow dropping the control on a form in 64 mode. Controls could be placed on form in 32 mode though. I removed and made a fresh package that allows the controls to be placed on form. 🙂 

Design-time packes are only 32 bit, they are only used by the IDE and this is 32 bit programm. Run-time packages (that is what youre compiled programs use) can be 32 or 64 bit.

Put the component class into a run-time package and add that to the requires clause of the design-time package. The only thing that package does is registering the component, i. e. it contains the Register procedure the IDE looks for to add the component to the palette.

See https://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Alexandria/en/64-bit_Windows_Application_Development#Making_Your_Components_Available_at_Design_Time_and_Run_Time

in the online help. It also tells you how you can specify which platforms your component is compatible with (ComponentPlatformsAttribute) if the default is not to yor taste.

Edited by PeterBelow
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, PeterBelow said:

The only thing that package does is registering the component, i. e. it contains the Register procedure the IDE looks for to add the component to the palette.

That and reading the link got me running again.  In the past Before 11 I tried have design only.

"Later you compile your component again, as a Win64" from mentioned link

I was not recompiling in 64.  

Thanks Pat