William23668

Unable to execute '"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-17.0.1\bin\java.exe" 

Hi

I changed the Java path to point to latest java but I get now this error:

[PAClient Error] Error: E7688 Unable to execute '"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-17.0.1\bin\java.exe" 

why is that ?

1 hour ago, William23668 said:

why is that ?

It may depend on which version of Delphi you are using. Later versions of Delphi (e.g. 11.3) require the OpenJDK. It's hard to tell without more information, including the rest of the error message

[PAClient Error] Error: E7688 Unable to execute '"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-17.0.1\bin\java.exe" -cp "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\22.0\bin\Android\r8-3.3.28.jar" com.android.tools.r8.D8 --release --min-api 23 --output "C:\Delphi\app1\Android64\Debug\app1.classes" @"C:\Delphi Projects\app1\Android64\Debug\dex_list.txt"' (Error 1)

I installed now MS openjdk but same error

JAVA_HOME = C:\Program Files\Microsoft\jdk-17.0.6.10-hotspot\

Edited by William23668

6 minutes ago, William23668 said:

c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\22.0

As per my earlier reply, later versions of Delphi require the OpenJDK. You can install it from the Delphi IDE by using Tools | Manage Platforms, select the Additional Options tab, select Eclipse Temurin OpenJDK 11 (Hotspot) JVM and click Apply. Once installed, you'd need to modify your Android SDK settings to use the installed JDK:

image.thumb.png.e6100bb89eed513282c636209c356bc4.png

Now I am getting this

[PAClient Error] Error: E7688 Unable to execute '"C:\Program Files\Eclipse Adoptium\jdk-11.0.15.10-hotspot\bin\java.exe" 

will try restart 

2 minutes ago, William23668 said:

Now I am getting this

[PAClient Error] Error: E7688 Unable to execute '"C:\Program Files\Eclipse Adoptium\jdk-11.0.15.10-hotspot\bin\java.exe" 

Once again, not enough information

-cp "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\22.0\bin\Android\r8-3.3.28.jar" com.android.tools.r8.D8 --release --min-api 23 --output "C:\Delphi\app1\Android64\Debug\app1.classes" @"C:\Delphi \app1\Android64\Debug\dex_list.txt"' (Error 1)

Edited by William23668

yes this was the problem. but I now get this error

Unable to create process: Serving...
Performing Incremental Install
Unknown command: install-incremental
Performing Streamed Install
adb: failed to install C:\Delphi\app1\Android64\Debug\app1\bin\app1_Delphi.apk: Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_UPDATE_INCOMPATIBLE: Package com.embarcadero.app1_Delphi signatures do not match previously installed version; ignoring!]

Solved I uninstalled the app from the phone and now it open

Thanks

Edited by William23668
  • Like 1

On 4/6/2023 at 3:21 AM, Dave Nottage said:

Is this a project created in an earlier version of Delphi? If so, you may need to follow the step described here.

Hello

If I may, I've got exactly the same problem.

Project created under 10.4, trying to build it in 11.3.

I followed the steps but the problem remains.

keytool and jarsigned are pointing to the Eclipse Adoptium\jdk-11.0.15.10-hotspot\bin folder though...

kind of have no idea left...

10 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

Did you check programmer2k's suggestion? Having other JDKs on the system where the path appears before that of the Adoptium JDK can cause trouble.

Hello, thanks for your concern.

Yes I forgot to talk about that, I checked that too. Maybe I didn't checked it well though ?

image.thumb.png.1efc08d51d09b9a9c9d9d4388acec926.png

ok well, it's ok now.

What I did ; went back to 10.4, did the Revert System Files to Default thing again and compiled.

Then retried with 11.3, and it works. There must have something very logical that I didn't get, but I'll see that later.

• Like 1