Sign in to follow this  
357mag

I've got to clean this up

So I'm just getting started with Delphi and I went into Options -> Environment Options and under the Default Project list box I told it to save my files to D:\Delphi Programming Projects. In that folder I have two subfolders, one called Console Projects and the other called Windows Projects. 

I wrote a project today and when I was done I hit Save Project As... and it prompted me to give the unit file a name which I did and a project file a name which I did. And I directed Delphi to the exact folder (which is called Welcome Program) to save the files in.

Problem is Delphi also save files and a Win32 folder in the Delphi Programming Projects folder. I need to save everything to the Welcome Program folder, so I don't have files scattered in the Delphi Programming Projects plus the Welcome Program folder too.

I can understand why it did that because after all I told Delphi in Environment Options to use the D:\Delphi Programming Projects folder as a default directory. But isn't there a way to get Delphi to put everything in a subfolder? Like in my case the name of my program is Welcome Program. I want everything going into that subfolder. I've enclosed a screenshot.1656903295_DelphiDirectory.thumb.jpg.32153c949d923caedba737155628fe21.jpg

What I may need to do is as soon as I have a new Project open save the Project right away in the specific folder that I want. That way Delphi won't have much chance to do something behind my back.