c2oncpr

Using TX509Certificate

Not sure if this is the correct forum.  I'm sure someone will let me know.

I need to parse a PEM certificate that I have in memory.  I see TX509Certificate reports the properties of the certificate, which is just what I need.  Just don't see how to load a PEM string to this object for parsing?  

I see at least two different companies have components called TX509Certificate, maybe more.  So which are you using and have you looked at it's documentation?

ICS has TX509Base that has methods to load certificates from various file types or text, and report them in various ways. 

Angus

I'm using Rad Studio 11.  I've searched the documentation and looked for helpful hints on the web. 

Or am I to understand that Rad Studio provides the framework for TX509Certificate, but not the implementation?

TX509Certificate is part of Delphi DBX Framework, but most properties are documented as 'Virtual abstract method to be implemented in child classes' and the unit has exactly one line of code for the object. So effectively it's useless.  

You'll need to use a third party solution, like the one I mentioned.

Angus

One more thing.  I'm converting a MSVC project (that uses MFC) to Rad Studio, target Delphi, but C++ Builder is also an option.  In my MSVC code, after parsing the cert, it writes it to the Cert Store.  Do you know if ICS provides this capability?  I found another post where it was stated ICS does not. 

ICS has always had functions to read certificates from the Windows Certificate Store.  They have been significantly improved in the last year to import and export certificates and private keys into TX509Base so they can be used by other ICS objects.  More changes are due next week, once I've finished another new component.

Angus