Sign in to follow this  

Android OBB Question

Learned something interesting about Android file storage.

When performing a "clearApplicationUserData" function it does as advertised in that it deletes all data in the Android App "Data" folder but it leaves the Android App OBB folder untouched.  I tested the ability of the OBB folder in that I was able to create, update and delete files in the OBB folder.  With this ability sometimes there is the need to do a full wipeout of the data with the exception of saving certain information that can be resupplied without the need for the user to reenter.

My question is what is the designation in the deployment manager for the "Remote Path" for OBB.  For "Remote Path" for DATA is "assets" or "assets\internal".  I cannot find any information about OBB "Remote Path".

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, TazKy said:

what is the designation in the deployment manager for the "Remote Path" for OBB

There is none, since they're stored in external storage, i.e. external to the app. Normally you would deploy files to the  OBB folder using APK Expansion, however this method is deprecated and Play Store apps must use Play Feature Delivery or Play Asset Delivery. If you're interested in delivering files this way with Delphi, I have an implementation/demo here. Warning: it's not for the faint of heart 🙂

Thanks.  This is a company app that is not distributed via Play Store.