Joe Sansalone

multiple developer (iOS) accounts

Hi,

I'll be developing an app with a different developer account in the same Delphi IDE.

Does Delphi support multiple iOS developer accounts?

I want to be sure before I try ... 

Joe

Delphi pulls the account info from XCode via PAServer, so if XCode can handle several accounts, then Delphi can do it too.

Yes, to have different developer accounts works for me, but you have to take care that you switch all provisioning profiles and BundleID's correctly.

To have even one account can be enerving enough, but that not a Delphi issue, it comes from the Apple side.

• Like 2

What's easier?  Same Apple ID but developer access on 2 different App Store accounts?

Or different Apple IDs - 1 for each different account?

I have not tested for any differences, but I directly used different AppleId's on different AppStoreAccounts.

Moreover you can have different account types, like personal and enterprise, which also has different behaviour in certain cases.
My philosophy is that, the more granular, the better control you should have over the whole ecosystem, especially to cover future changes.

That needs a lot of discipline in keeping all accounts, passwords, emails etc. on track.

It took me a decade to evolve such discipline, but unfortunately I'm still not always as straight as I should :classic_blush:

Edited by Rollo62