pjde

Issue installing XE version of ICS v9.0

I am trying to install the new version of ICS (XE) but getting the error Cannot load package. It contains unit ‘SHDocVW’ which is also used in package ‘vclie150’.

Any suggestions on how to remedy this.

Regads

Paul

I assume you mean the files OverbyteIcsDXeRun.dpr and OverbyteIcsDXeRun.dproj?   SHDocVW is not in either of those files so your compiler must have added it. 

TWebBrowse did keep changing in early versions of Delphi, ICS has several painful conditionals to try and make it work.  You can try removing OverbyteIcsOAuthFormVcl, and refeences to it, that might help. 

Angus

Thats not really an option. If you remove the oauth parts you quickly find there are other files that refernece them and you would probably end up removing the entire package.

The OverbyteIcsOAuthFormVcl unit is very much optional, it is new in this release and not even built for Delphi 7 since it does not have the browser windows.  But a couple of samples will complain. 

SHDocVW is not in any ICS packages.

We only provide very limited for support for very old compilers, except Delphi 2007 which is widely used, my XE license has expired so I can not use it, only some of the later XE versions.

Angus